Dr Thibault Renaux
Contextual Introduction (Slide 3-15)
Inventory of cold formed steel profile applications with examples of flat roof applications. Actual design of trapezoidal steel sheet in flat roof configuration. Problematic situation. Main objective of GRISPE project. State of the art of standards and short description of assemblies studied during GRISPE.
Experimental works during GRISPE project (Slide 16-28)
Description of the tests campaign performed during GRISPE project with selected products and description of tests results, behaviour observations and interpretation.
Design Method (Slide 29-44)
Description of the design method for the 4 types of assemblies: single overlap with cantilevered on top, single overlap with cantilevered underneath, double overlap and continuous profile with local reinforcement. Design relation are given in function too of the loading case.
Slide 1: 2 pictures (copyright JORIS IDE) Slide 5-15: All Pictures of this module are under copyright of JORIS IDE. Slide 16-28: The 4 pictures of slide 18 are under copyright of JORIS IDE. The picture of slide 21 in a copy of Eurocodes (EN 1993-1-3). All other pictures were taken (photos) or designed (drawings) by KIT because are extracted from GRISPE deliverables. Slide 29-44: All other pictures were taken (photos) or designed (drawings) by KIT because are extracted from GRISPE deliverables.
After the module, you will be able to …
- … remember
- Name three type of applications for cold formed steel profiles
- How many types of joint have been studied during GRISPE project?
- Name the type of studied joints
- … comprehend
- Factors can influence the initial design by creating load accumulation or isostatic situation for flat roof.
- What kind of test was performed? What are the main characteristics evaluated? How?
- Compare the specific behaviour of assemblies and a continuous profile.
- … apply
- Does Eurocodes or national standards give solutions for assembly design?
- What are the main steps of assembly design (steps of verification).
- … analyse
- What is the influence of the overlap length?
- Does the design of a single overlap joint with cantilevered end of profile underneath easier than the same joint but with cantilevered end of profile on top?
- … synthesize
- What type of joint is similar to a continuity of profile?
- … evaluate
- Does a type of assembly increase the resistance? Why?
- Double overlap joint and continuous profile with local reinforcement joint are similar?